#8 TED Talk

 Grit:The power of passion and perseverance


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Three Words I Learned From the Talk

1.assignment [n.]
a piece of work given to someone, typically as part of their studies or job
Example:I have a lot of reading assignments to complete before the end of term.

2.perspective [n.]
a particular way of considering something
Example:He writes from a Marxist perspective.

3.talent [n.]
(someone who has) a natural ability to be good at something, especially without being taught
Example:Her talent for music showed at an early age.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

My Comments to the Talk


When I finished watching this movie, this speaker made me understand a key point.

When you have goals in your life, you do everything to achieve them. It doesn't matter if you are smart or not, If you really want something, you can do it. We need to work hard, and we mustn't be Conformist.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Every kid needs a champion


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Three Words I Learned From the Talk

1.arduous [adj.]
difficult, needing a lot of effort and energy
Example:It must have been a very arduous task to build the pyramids.

2.deficient [adj.]
not having enough of
Example:A diet deficient in vitamin D may cause the disease rickets.

3. impress[v.]
to cause someone to admire or respect you
Example:I remember when I was a child being very impressed with how many toys she had.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

My Comments to the Talk

I am deeply impressed by her speech, " You made me feel like I was somebody when I knew, at the bottom, I wasn't." If I was a student of her, then I really respected her. Because of her support, I can felt 'I can do it!'. I think maybe every teachers who in the world like her, then most students can get courage so they can better than before.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#3 Collocation

#7 English song